With the Basics of Sensory Processing Mini-Workshop, you’ll get an overview of brain development as it relates to sensory processing and why sensory processing is important for child development. You’ll also learn about all 8 sensory systems, including red-flags for each system plus activity suggestions.
You’ll also receive a slides handout along with the 8 sensory systems handout along with a video lesson.
Upon completion of the video, you will have access to 10 quiz questions and the ability to download a certificate of completion if you pass with a score above 70%. You can use this certificate to obtain personal development units (PDUs).
– Basic understanding of brain development as it relates to sensory processing.
– Understand the importance of sensory processing in child development.
– Be able to understand and briefly describe what all 8 sensory systems are.
– Be able to identify possible red-flags for sensory processing challenges and when to ask for an evaluation by a professional.
– Identify activities that engage each sensory system.
Continuing Education/Professional Development Units Earned
0.1 hours (units)
Independent Distance Learning
Standard – Basic/Introductory
Parents, Educators, Entry-level Occupational Therapist/Occupational Therapy Assistant, new to school-based/pediatric therapist
Completion of the video mini-workshop lesson and completion of 10 quiz questions with a score of 70% or higher to receive a certificate of completion.
Please look at your state requirements for professional development units. Growing Hands-On Kids, LLC is not responsible for any courses that your state or national agency questions or refuses to accept as professional development units.