The Scissor Skills Book breaks the functional skill of cutting with scissors into several developmental areas including:
- developmental progression of scissor use
- fine motor skill involvement
- gross motor development
- sensory considerations and
- visual perceptual skills
Each section includes strategies and tips to improve these underlying areas.
- Help for kids who struggle with cutting accurately
- Creative tips to keep things interesting for kids who lose interest easily
- Quick, practical strategies that can be put into action today!
- Ideas for kids who cut too fast or too slow
- Support for kids who can’t grasp scissors efficiently
- Strategies for right-handed and left-handed children
What Others Are Saying About The Scissor Skills Book…
“The Scissor Skills Book is the perfect resource for parents and teachers of young children. Written by a team of experienced occupational and physical therapists, this book provides a thorough overview of the development of scissor skills and includes creative activities and suggestions to promote the development of foundational fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination. Make this your go-to guide whenever you have a question related to scissor skills!” – Anne Zachry, PhD, OTR, author of the blogs Dr. Anne Zachry and Pediatric OT Tips